Customer Service Strategies – Intro Conversation with Barbara Khozam
Barbara Khozam is a customer service speaker and expert. She is ranked in the top 1% of leading trainers in the US. Barbara Khozam has spoken to more than 35,000 people throughout 8 countries about customer service strategies and similar topics. In this podcast, Jack (Beacham) talks to Barbara about customer service strategies as well as multiple aspects of customer service consulting, including:
- What does customer service look like from an insider’s perspective?
“I don’t just jump in and go: ‘here is what you need to do because it’s never the same thing for any one company’”
- Who is the target customer?
“The companies, in my opinion, that need me don’t hire me.”
- What marketing strategies work for a customer service expert?
“You think they need to learn about their own business, and you’re going to go broke that way. You just simply can’t educate people that don’t want to be educated.”
- What are the challenges of customer service?
“The problems are a reflection of the owner’s style.”
- How to address the culture of bad attitude?
“‘My job is to answer the phone.’ No, my job is to deliver an extraordinary experience to each customer each time. When they see a picture, it changes their viewpoint on their job.”
During the conversation Barbara and Jack share stories from their personal experience and discuss customer service strategies and 80/20 approaches to winning customer service.
Resources mentioned in the podcast / audio:
- Eight Customer Service Strategies Prerequisites.
- Learn more about customer service strategies from Barbara on her website: Barbara Khozam’s website.
- Barbara’s book: How Organizations Deliver BAD Customer Service.
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less. Excellent primer by Richard Koch.
- Get Cash Intelligence.